Friday, February 19, 2016

Esther and the Dragon (or Part 4)

I'm guessing that Hegai knew just about everything there was to know about the women he was in charge of. I have this picture in my mind of his massive spread sheet scroll of papyrus with drop down menus showing him which ladies could go to the king and when. I wouldn't have wanted to hang with some of those women long term, but maybe they were just given an extra serving of poppy seeds on their salad at certain times of the month. Fortunately, you can just track certain things for YOURSELF.

Sweet Spirit:
You should take notes of your mental state and cycle throughout the next few months, if you don't already, and look into getting a tranquilizer if it is real bad. JUST KIDDING! Seriously though, you may see a pattern and be able to lean on God even more for right responses when you aren't at your best. Remember that He is pleased with a gentle, quiet spirit and that you are to do good to your man "all the days of his life". (and you don't want your family to be TOO happy to have this guy take you off their hands.)

Each and every day,  listen to what you are saying and the TONE you are using. Probably, you are still on your best behavior around your intended. So, listen carefully to see when, and if, you tend to snap or vent a lot around those you've been around for years. I am talking about your irritating, immature brother, a parent that you clash with, or your college roommate. Maybe you just hide for a few days. You can't do that with a family.

Guard your mouth.
Prov.21:23
"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles."
Ps.141:3
"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips."
You don't want to damage your relationship with your beloved in the first and hardest years of marriage, so correct yourself now, with God's help, and check in and be honest with your mentor.

Guard your heart.
Sometimes we allow things to fester in our hearts. This allows a root of bitterness to begin its hold on you. I had a dear friend ask me once, when I was fussing to her about something, "Are you bitter?" She stopped me in my tracks and caught my attention. It was the best thing for me and I had to be honest. I was headed down the wrong road. Bitterness is like taking poison and hoping the other person gets sick. And, if you hold bitterness towards ANYONE, it will affect your marriage!
Or maybe worry keeps you awake at nights or clouds your decisions.Try to take your thoughts captive and use those tendencies as a call towards prayer over the person or situation.
Phil. 4:6-8
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."

Physical Care:
Women can be different almost every week it seems. Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde only worse! Study up on the different hormones. They are useful things! They are needful and part of God's amazing design.
My husband once picked up a set of mugs. Each had a picture on it. A dragon, a bear, a tiger, and an elephant. I was mad because we didn't need any more mugs! Who buys themselves a mug? Well, he waited a couple weeks, made coffee, and then handed me the tiger mug with a wink. Um. Now I get the hint when he hands me the dragon etc. It's funny to me, now, that he pays attention to which week I'm in.
Many factors come into play where your hormones are concerned-even environmental things. They are easily thrown out of kilter, but knowledge and education can help bring things back into balance (as can getting some "boy germs" eventually- trying to keep things light here.) Diet and exercise play an important role too. It's possible that you may need a professional to measure your levels, but know that not every doctor is up on women's issues. Look around for the right one.

Pay attention to your cycle but do not blame it for your sin. If you suffer at times because of it, learn to lighten your schedule if you can, but trust also, that God knows about it too.

An example in Scripture of a woman using her cycle for deceit:
Gen. 31:34-35
"Now Rachel had taken the household idols, put them in the camel's saddle, and sat on them. And Laban searched all about the tent but did not find them. And she said to her father, “Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise before you, for the manner of women is with me."
People have found help through natural means, whether herbs or EOs. Vitex or chaste tree herbal extract has been known to alleviate PMS or ease the second half of the monthly cycle. It addresses both progesterone and estrogen which many prescriptions fail miserably to do. You do need to be diligent, however, in its use.

Progessence Plus serum, Dragon Time, Endoflex, and Lady Sclereol are YL blends designed specifically for women. Lavender is a great single. Applications vary.
Here is a blend you may find relief with:15 drops peppermint,10 drops orange, 5 drops lavender,1 oz. sweet almond oil.
Mix together in an amber glass bottle and massage small amount on abdomen, head, and low back. I have also heard ylang ylang with peppermint layered over the top works. The key is to  use just a little but apply often.
You do not want to depend completely on over-the-counter drugs for PMS because they have diminishing effects and are hard on your liver.

Teachable:
As you continue to grow in the Lord and grow in your relationship with your future husband, you may not be able to see how you are changing. But, rest assured, if you are in the Word and actively asking Him for wisdom, you will be steadily becoming a godly woman that brings honor to God and your family. I remember a few ladies at church commenting to me after I had been married a few months that they had seen a real transformation in me. Well, I had gotten serious about the Lord and had been faithfully in the Word and memorizing scripture! I had no idea that other people would notice a change.
Keep working on memorizing Prov. 31:10-31
Prov. 31:25-26
"Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness."

Just for fun:
My Fair Lady: "Why can't a woman be more like a man"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Doz5w2W-jAY

I recommend buying the book "Taming the Inner Dragon Within" by Dr Deardeuff. You can get it for $9 from Life Science Publishers. In fact, I can order it for you. Its a great reference book for anything related to female hormones and how to support them naturally with oils and supplements.

Backache fighting blend:
8 drops cinnamon oil
6 drops roman chamomile oil
4 drops ginger oil
1 T. Almond oil sweet
Mix and massage into back

http://ylsearch.com/   Is a great place to hunt around for ways to support your health needs naturally. Let me know if you are thinking about accessing YL oils at wholesale.




1 comment: